Ethica Group acquires all of the stock of Debt Advisory

Milan, 22 February 2019 – In recent weeks, Ethica Holding S.p.A. acquired from Mittel S.p.A. a 51% interest in Ethica & Mittel Debt Advisory S.r.l., of which it already held the remaining 49%, and changed its corporate name to Ethica Debt Advisory S.r.l.

With this transaction, the Ethica Group has consolidated its role as an integrated services platform for companies and continues to strengthen its debt advisory practice. This is aimed at assisting medium and large companies as well as private equity funds in the structuring, organisation and procurement of ordinary, subsidised, alternative and structured bank loans, as well as in the reshaping of existing debt.

Additionally, the composition of the Board of Directors has also changed: Marino Cucca (previously Head of Structure Finance of BNL – BNP Paribas) was appointed Chairman of Ethica Debt Advisory, while Cosimo Vitola was confirmed as Chief Executive Officer. Paolo Tanoni, Fabio Sangiovanni (previously Country Head of the Royal Bank of Scotland) and Fausto Rinallo complete the Board of Directors.

The appointment of Cucca and Sangiovanni to the company’s Board of Directors – declares Cosimo Vitola – is part of the objective of particularly strengthening the activity of Leverage Finance as well as that of Corporate Lending in general, sectors in which the company has entrusted Pedersen & Partners Executive Search the identification of two senior figures, to be entrusted with the guidance of the two business lines and who will join Marco Borgonovo, who, on the other hand, is in charge of the subsidized and alternative finance activity.

Download the press release